ONYX : SWaP-C multi-mission rugged computer for harsh environments
nano-ONYX : Ultra-Small Form Factor for extreme Aerospace and Military missions
Compliant with 1.5 liters, 1.5 kg and 15 Watts SWaP. constraintsnano-ONYX is an Ultra-SFF rugged embedded computer imagined and manufactured by ECRIN Systems targeting aerospace tactical missions embedded in UAS, UCAV, fixed and rotary wings (un)manned aircrafts. But other defense applications in ground vehicles and underwater robots will discover many advantages to integrate nano-ONYX when high performance embedded computing is not so important than low power in small foot print light weight.
µONYX: The design advantages of rugged SFF mission computers
With its fantastic SWaP-C features: 3 liters, 3 kilos, 30 Watts based on the Core i7 Skylake SoC, it offers higher availability, distributing high-performance computing and avoid single point of failure and thermal hot spots in extreme environments. COM Express based with PMC and miniPCIe sites, µONYX offers 2 removable 2.5’’ SSD and full speed USB 3.0 for quick down/up data loading.
Last but not least: with µONYX, we continue to offer configurable front panel for different I/O profiles.
ONYX-HD: High Performance Embedded Computing Platform for Video Imaging and Situation Awareness
Rugged Computers can be found in ground vehicles, UAVs, manned & unmanned fighting aircrafts, navy robots and … In order to answer harsh environmental constraints, they need to be compact, light and powerful, and use less energy (SWaP-C). Alongside this they also need to be safe and reliable, and offer the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO)…
That’s why ONYX-HD is unique: instead of the traditional, expensive multi-slot VPX architecture, ONYX is built around a scalable and rugged multi-Core COM Express module operating between -40°C/+71°C. There is no XMC I/O module limited to PCIe 8Xlinks, but a full GPGPU dedicated MXC mezzanine with PCIe 16X Gen 2 links offering up to 8 GB/s bandwidth, a large choice of Digital and Analogic I/O video formats, from legacy STANAG up to new generation HD-SDI and 3G-SDI. The added H.264 compression via Quick Sync from Core i7 means ONYX-HD is perfectly designed for UAVs or helicopter HD Video situation awareness missions.
ONYX-Datalink: The ideal rugged processor platform for your next Tactical Multi Data Link System
This profile offers more PMC/XMC and mini-PCIe slots to add much more avionic and/or industrial I/O, including link-11 (NTDS & ATDS), link-16 (1553B & Ethernet) and link-22 (Ethernet TCP/IP).
Ultra-Small Form Factor for extreme Aerospace and Military missions
nano-ONYXUltra-Small Form Factor for extreme Aerospace and Military missionsCompliant with 1.5 liters, 1.5 kg and 15 Watts SWaP constraint.
nano-ONYX is an Ultra-SFF rugged embedded computer imagined and manufactured by ECRIN Systems targeting aerospace tactical missions embedded in UAS, UCAV, fixed and rotary wings (un)manned aircrafts. But other defense applications in ground vehicles and underwater robots will discover many advantages to integrate nano-ONYX when high performance embedded computing is not so important than low power in small foot print light weight.
ONYX-ET: Embedded Training Engine
Dedicated ONYX to Embedded Training for Ground Vehicles environment.
- Multi-Core INTEL i7 3rd, 4th and 6th Gen, scalability
- AMD E8860 GPGPU option: up to 768 GFLOPS intensive computing for 80W only
- 2x HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M) Digital Video inputs
- 2x PAL/NTSC Analog Video input
- 3x independent DVI-D or 1x DVI-D + 2x HD-SDI (1920 x 1080p at 30fps) outputs
- STANAG 3350, RS343, VGA and other legacy display formats on demand
- H.264/AVC Encoding and streaming capability
- PMC/XMC and miniPCIe slots for avionics and industrial I/O extensions
- Embedded EGNOS-capable GPS option
- Up to 4TB 2.5’’ SSD
- Cable-free, Fan less, MIL-DTL-38999 connectors
- Real cold start -40°C up to +71°C Operating Temp (depend on configuration and cooling system)
- Qualified MIL-STD-810/461/704/1275D/DO-160
- IP-67 Ingress
- Long Life Management with revision control
- High flexibility to Modified COTS services
- ITAR free
• Built-In-Test functions based on SEMA « Smart Embedded Management Agent » library
Tests tool to monitor and control system health:
– On cold start at power on
– On continuous mode under user’s application control
– On Maintenance Level 2 with intrusive tests to detect root failure
– On acceptance test procedure and EQT
• Breakout cables
Harnessing of 5 cables for development purpose: MIL-DTL-38999 connectors to standard PC connectors.
• Cold plate
For laboratory integration to dissipate Watts w/o other fans installation, provided with 24VDC/220VAC power adaptor