As a redundant system embedded on a ship at the foot of the console, this computer had to respect a maximum depth of 300mm and respond to severe environmental conditions.
ECRIN Systems's solution
To meet the technical need, we proposed a PICMG 1.3 class server architecture that allows to implement 2 slots PCIe x8 + 1 slot PCIe x4.
In this case, the complete computer is considered as a LRU (Lowest Replaceable Unit). In order to make maintenance easier and reduce the MTTR, a rack-mount connection system has been implemented at the back of the rack to eliminate all PC connections and have no cables to disconnect.
- Mechanical development (folded stainless steel sheet specific rack)
- Electronic development (two printed circuit boards for reliable rack-mountable connection)
- Project management
- Project documentation
- Prototyping, CE certification and environmental qualifications
- Production of series
- 297 mm very shallow 4U 19″ computer
- Specific stainless steel rack
- PICMG 1.3 server Class Bus solution
- Mobile Core 2 Duo mobile then evolution towards a Xeon solution
- High performance Dual Head video, PCIe x8 slots available for customer board
- Environmental qualification (shock / vibration / temperature / hygrometry / EMC)
- Transversely boards assembly to respect the depth constraint
- Rack-mount connection for quick on board ships maintenance
- Fiber optic connection on front panel