Noise reduction and improved heat dissipation. The integration of an air-water exchanger into a waterproof marine bay requires reducing the size of computers and improving the airflow inside the bay.
Bringing modularity to a very compact computer to fulfil different needs.
ECRIN Systems's solution
Evolution of a monolithic calculator in 4U 19 ” format to a 2U rack solution + 1U rack. The 2U rack integrates all the functions of a high-end PC, the 1U rack can hold different types of video converters and is also used as a tunnel for the rack ventilation.
Both racks are mechanically interfaced to finally offer a “LRU calculator” in 3U 19″ rack format.
- PICMG 1.3 Bus, 4 PCIe x16 slots
- Dual Xeon E5-2400 processor board
- GPU boards, frame grabber, GbE
- Extractable 4-in-1 mass-support cartridge
- Attachement board + transfer of the connections on front panel
- Rack-mountable connectors on rear panel
Video converter’s features
- 1U mechanics to receive DP to Dual Link DVI-D converters and 6x LC for fiber optic links
- Re-use of the 19″ rack-mountable modular connectics on rear panel to change the LRU calculator very easily without altering the internal wiring of the bay (power supply, Ethernet, USB)
- Design of an attachement board and transfer of the connections on front panel
- Re-use of a 4-in-1 removable disk tray already developed for the customer, offering 4 SSD 2.5 ” SAS / SATA slots in a 200mm depth 5.25 ” footprint