The temperature variations in the road toll booths between Dijon and Marseille range between + 45 ° C and -15 ° C. At the same time, the footprint remains very constrained and maintenance must be done urgently not to slow traffic. Our client was looking for a long-lasting industrial partner to produce a custom-made computer that meets these specifications.
ECRIN Systems's solution
Installed outside in toll booths, this specific development has met several needs: reduced footprint, numerous functionalities, fast and easy maintenance (large systems park), respect of environmental constraints.
- Mechanical development (folded stainless steel sheet specific rack)
- Electronics development (connection transfer and remote reset
- Software development (system supervision)
- optimum MTTR (easy access to the battery without opening the computer…)
- Project management
- CE certification and environmental qualification (temperature / Hygrometry),
- Production of series
- Stainless steel specific rack – Dimension 295x220x130mm
- PISA passive bus then PICMG 1.3 for the system 2nd generation with short format board,
- Mobile processor (Core 2 Duo, then Core i7), 4GB Ram, Dual Screen Video , GbE, 4xCOM,
- RAID SATA (2xHDD in RAID 1), hot-swappable discs,
- Windows XPE platform + system supervision software,
- 24×7 operation in external cabin.
- Integrated remote reset module for restarting the PC via Ethernet
- Maintenance aid: RTC CMOS battery offset, captive knurled screw, externally accessible fan, extractable discs