Optimize the congestion of the next-generation Wireless network test benches for a rank 1 French supplier. Unitil now, they were built by a laptops armada, all equipped with UMTS PCMCIA boards. The footprint fell from a room of 50 m2 to a ½ height single bay!
ECRIN Systems's solution
ECRIN Systems has suggested to build a specific rack-mounted bench in a 19 ” bay with a height of only 3U, able to simulate up to 16 3G Smartphones. The electronics is based on the development of a business board for COM Express processor module. It was in 2003 and ECRIN Systems was going to develop its first design in COM Express type 2.
- Standard Pentium M based COM modules
- Business board supporting 16 PCMCIA boards via two boards per PCI 32-bit slot (8 in total on the PCB)
- Customization of the USB protocol layer for addressing & stream optimization
- Specific Bios for bridges memory allocation
- ECRIN Systems has convinced this Telecom key player by providing an original, optimized, industrial cost-effective all-in-one solution – electronic, mechanical, software
- Support for environmental qualifications and certifications
- This first COM Express design has definitely promoted ECRIN Systems as a major manufacturer of Embedded solutions