Embedded on surface ships and submarines, this server has the mission of performing intensive sonar signals processing (classification …).
As regards the third generation of calculators, the issue was to:
– Decrease the rack depth to provide optional rack-mounting connection
– Improve ventilation to reduce the noise signature of the ship
ECRIN Systems's solution
In order to offer the best Power/Price ratio, we have proposed an Extended ATX motherboard architecture in a specific rack.
The rack depth was reduced to 410 mm.
Push-pull and ventilation tunnel were implemented for the processor/memory area.
- Mechanical development (folded stainless steel sheet specific rack)
- Electronic development (Two printed circuit boards for rack-mounting connection)
- Project management
- Project documentation
- Prototyping, CE certification and environmental qualifications
- Production of series
- 410 mm depth 4U 1″ computer
- Specific stainless steel rack
- server E-ATX dual Xeon Hexa Core motherboard solution/ 48GB of memory
- High performance Dual Head video
- Environmental qualifications (shocks / vibration / temperature / hygrometry / EMC)
- Front-rear ventilation tunnel to improve thermal performance
- Very low depth for a CM Extended ATX Dual Xeon solution
- Rack-mountable connection in option for fast on-board maintenance