Design of a conduction-cooled computer, whose mission is to ensure the management of Video and Audio flows, to be embedded in an armored vehicle of the French Army.
ECRIN Systems's solution
With an innovative solution based not on the cPCI / 3U architecture offered by all its competitors but on COM Express technology, ECRIN Systems has imagined a solution with a low cost of ownership in a SWAP-C footprint where size, weight and Performance/Consumption ratio were very constrained.
- COM Express Carrier board with GPGPU graphic extension in MxM
- Power supply (MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-1275 screening)
- Battery management in compliance with capacitive reserve section 16 of DO-160 regulation
- Software: battery management
- Tailor-made Mechanics developed for the project of this demonstrator
- IP54 protection
- STANAG4370 (Shocks & Vibrations)
This BOA calculator / demonstrator has confirmed the feasibility and reliability of COM Express technology in rugged environment for land combat vehicles. It is the basis of our pre-qualified MIL-STD-810/461 / 1275D & DO-160 rugged calculator ONYX, which is now integrated into many vehicles, UAVs, helicopters, aircrafts with or without pilot, naval drones…