ECRIN Systems, your partner for rugged computers and compound projects
The aero-defense industry is famous for its very long product life cycles and its technological challenges mainly needing a high level of innovation and COTS modules. In France, this sector is very important with several aeronautic manufacturers and numerous Tier 1 suppliers.
The French governmental players such as the DGA (General Direction for Armament) and the Ministry of Defense, but also the leading European groups of the defense electronics sector with dynamic exportation activities (Thales, Safran and Airbus, Zodiac Aerospace, DCNS, Nexter, Dassault…) feed this market.
Since a few years, the Defense sector as started a deep change looking for COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) products based solutions adapted to specific constraints:
• Extreme environment with extended temperature range, shocks and vibrations constraints, humidity, salt spray, EMC…
• More and more compulsory qualifications: MIL-STD-810F, DO-160, STANAG, BUREAU VERITAS, GAM EG13…
• PLM : «Product Life cycle Management» service for long temp support throughout the program (technological watch, EOL, LTB, stocking of components, mise en stock de composants, storage in controlled area, MCO…)
• BIT : diagnostic system put in the computer that quickly isolates the failed LRU in a combat system, switches on a redundant machine or operates on degraded mode (operating security).
- Project management
- Production/Systems integration
- After-sale service & MCO
ECRIN Systems aims to cut Time-To-Market and to improve its customers’ competitiveness.
Wether it is a fighter jet, an helicopter, a drone, a frigate or a submarine, each paltform is a system of systems.
Each of these subassemblies ads new essential capabilities: navigation, communication, combat system. Each subsystem is crucial and must perfectly integrates into the vessel. However, each of them is an entity that a Tier 1 supplier can delegate to a partner in project management and engineering, such as ECRIN Systems.