µONYX : SFF mission computer
3 liters, 6 lbs, 30 watts for manned/unmanned aircrafts and helicopters.
With its new µONYX, that was presented in COTS and semi-customizable versions at Paris Air Show 2017, ECRIN Systems confirms its strategy on the Small Form Factor –SFF- market. The size of this product has been reduced by half, its weight was divided by two, and its power consumption was reduced by 60% compared to the former ONYX developed since 2012. The massive arrival of Intel and ARM-based low power system-on-chip systems with increasingly sophisticated GPU and FPGA functions will make smaller and smaller SFF computers spreading easier.
Three military programs are yet deploying, based on two modified versions of ECRIN Systems µONYX with few modifications at front connection level. The customer wanted to integrate µONYX for Electronic Mid-Life Update without changing any existing breakout cables into the vehicle. Thanks to µONYX modularity and ECRIN Systems’s flexibility, the prototypes were delivered in less than 4 months ARO with 3 others models following one month later with whole EQT passed successfully.
The COTS standard version includes the following functions:
- Dual-Core INTEL Core i7 Skylake, SoC, with only 15W TDP and 7.5W cTDP
- Up to 32GB dual-channel non-ECC DDR4 memory
- 2 slots for removable SSD supporting 100 000 insertions/extractions
- 1x DVI-D Single Link graphic output
- 1x PMC and 2x mini PCI Express/AcroPack sites for flexible avionics and industrial I/O expansion
- 4x RS-232 + 2x RS-422
- 4x USB 2.0
- 1x USB 3.0 with circular USB-Field connector
- 8x opto-isolated GPIO
- MIL-DTL-38999 circular connectors
- Conduction cooled system, no flying cable in the chassis even for expansion boards
- -40°C up to +71°C Operating Temp (depend on configuration and cooling system)
- RTCA-DO160 and MIL-STD-810/461/1275/704 qualified
- Integrated BIT
- High flexibility to Modified COTS Services (functions and connectors)
- ITAR free without Export Control
- Long Life Management with revision control